Schools' Finance Support
Schools’ Finance Support|
Day to Day Support|
Ad Hoc Services|
Support, Knowledge, and expertise when you need it
With increasing costs and decreasing budgets our flexible school finance support package gives your leadership and governors the clarity, confidence and assurance that your finances are being well managed. Our service is provided through a blend of remote support and school visits. Our team has a wide breadth of knowledge and experience in schools’ finance. All of our team either have an LA finance background or have worked as School Business Managers. Between them, they have qualifications in accountancy or school business management. We can offer advice and assistance with:
- Budget planning – using our on-line budget planning software we are able to assist with creating your budget plan
- Budget monitoring – our budget monitoring spreadsheet has been developed to provide governors and leadership with a comprehensive but easy to understand view of the school’s finances
- Day to day support – our helpdesk offers telephone support on software issues and we can assist schools with returns to their local authority, CFR and year-end queries. We also have the facility to be able to ‘remote’ on to your server and resolve issues which cannot be dealt with over the phone
- Additional services – as well as all of the services provided through our package we can assist you with:
- Creating a 3 year budget
- Carrying out a review of the administrative team in your school to ensure the most cost effective use of your staff
- Attending a governing body meeting to assist with specific agenda items
- Assisting with the recruitment of new administrative staff including being part of your interview panel
- Training – as part of 3BM’s training package we offer training on the Capita FMS package. We can also provide 1-2-1 training where required
With our additional options we can work with the Headteacher and/or School Business Manager to assist with the production of budget monitoring reports which can presented to your finance committee. Using our services can give your governors the reassurance of an independent overview of your finances.
The team has a wide breadth of knowledge and experience in schools’ finance. All of our team have either an LA finance background or have worked in schools as School Business Managers. Between us we have qualifications in accountancy, school business management and members of the team work as Associate Trainers with the NASBM and National College.
Whatever level of support you buy into you will have a named member of the team who will take the lead in supporting your school.
We can offer day to day helpdesk telephone support on FMS and monthly reconciliation queries. If a member of the team is not available to answer your query immediately then you will receive a call from one of our team as soon as possible.
Depending on the level of service chosen we can assist the school with income allocation, virements and the loading and allocating of the budget.
With our additional options we can work with the school to produce termly budget monitoring reports which you can present at your governing body meetings.
As and when you need them you can buy additional support days to cover:
• Assisting with the recruitment process of new school based
Finance staff including being part of the interview panel
• Working with the Headteacher and SLT to produce additional
budget scenarios once the initial budget has been set
• Attendance at governing body meetings
• Assistance with benchmarking
• Additional one to one training
• Additional budget monitoring assistance
We are able to provide on-site FMS training to new members of your team or alternatively, staff can attend our scheduled termly Introduction to FMS course. We provide training on Equipment Register and offer a range of courses to support the administration of the school including courses in Word, Excel, Pupil Data Management (SIMS.net) and Assessment.
For further information see our Training Page